Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Fallon Shoulder Bag

It's been ages since I posted, about two weeks actually. I caught a bad cold and was knocked out for three days. All I did was lay down and after that all my body was aching. I don't know how some people manage when they are ordered to have days and months of bed rest. It would kill me.Nearly two weeks on and I still have a runny nose LOLL and the occasional sneeze but I'm slowly getting back to normal.

Anyway I've started to get back to my sewing although a bit slower than usual. I finished testing the Fallon Bag a few days ago but the weather has been so grotty that I couldn't get decent photos to post here. This morning I couldn't wait any longer for the sun to come out so took some photos and hoped for the best.

Fallon is a lovely bag. It's very simple and plain which means that you can do loads to it if you want to. The pattern is by Karis of CloBird Designs and you can find the pattern HERE
I made mine with an adjustable strap but you can just do a plain strap if you want.


The pattern comes in two sizes with two strap options, recessed zipper top, magnetic snap closure and inside zipper closure.


I quilted the body of the bag with these wavy lines for two reasons, one becasue it's decorative but mainly becasue I don't have fusible fleece and want to make sure it stays put.


The recessed zipper that I put in is different to the one in the pattern mainly becasue my zips are very stiff and need tabs to hold onto to give them a good tug. Also it just goes to show how versatile this pattern is. You can easily change things around to suit your needs.


Having a main zipper is great for keeping everything secure and for even more security and becasue it looks pretty too there is a flap with a magnetic snap closure.



Inside is another zipper closure.
I

This is the smaller size of the pattern and I made it as a makeup bag.


Again the recessed zipper closure is different on mine.


Not included in the pattern is a third size which you can get by changing the printing size. My third one is between the size of the large and small makeup bag.




For this one I didn't add the main zipper or inside zipper. It's very basic. See how versatile this pattern is. If you wanted you could even add slip pockets.



The possibilities are endless. You could add an external zipper on the back of the bag or even a slip pocket. Just let your imagination run wild with this one.

I'm starting to get back into my usual sewing mode and have a custom order completed that I'll show you in a day or two and also I have quite a few test patterns coming that I'll be looking forward to sharing with you. I've also been accepted to test for a lady who's work I've admired for so long so I'm really excited about that and the last bit of good news is that a shop has decided to sell my bags for me. Yayyyy more fabric money LOLL

Thanks for stopping by

~ Maria ~


9 comments:

  1. I really like what you did with these. It sure was fun being a tester for Karis! I'm going to link you blog on mine so I can know when you post updates. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you did with your Fallon bags. Like the versatility. Still need to get her patterns, but have too many others to do first. I did offer to test for her and filled out her form.

    Sorry you have been sick, sending prayers for you. I was down for about 3 days last week, but only had a very mild case of the flu.

    Just finished (almost) cutting out my bag of the month and ready to start sewing my Sugar and Spice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maria,
    glad you ar eback and your Cold is getting better...Running nose is horrible .......so I hope, you get better soon and the cold will dissappear!
    Your Fallon Bags are georgeous!
    Happy sewing week,
    Hugs, Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful bags, Maria. Love the pops of color from the zips. Very eye catching. Congrats on the shop selling your bags!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great fabric choices. It looks like a nice bag. Great that a shop is selling your bags now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, Maria on selling your bags in a shop and being accepted to test patterns for a person you admire!! All that AND that horrible cold too. Feel better soon. Love your Fallon bags.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Reading your blog is like being in handbag heaven. You make such gorgeous things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cherie, that's so nice of you to say.

      Delete
  8. Very nice bags Maria. This pattern looks great, like you said with many possibility to personalization. The cosmetic bag looks very cute with the flap.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. Your comments mean so much to me and inspire me to create.
~Maria~