Monday, December 22, 2014

The Paris Clutch

I have been busting a gut waiting to do a post about the Paris Clutch designed by Rahimah Othman. I came across Rahimah on a bags sewing group that we are both on. She showed a photo of her clutch and said she was getting the pattern ready for release. I fell in love with it straight away so quickly sent her a message asking if she needed someone to test it for her. To my delight she said she did and sent me the pattern.

After making the first one I couldn't stop at one so went on to make another three straight away. I absolutely love this clutch. It's so handy, holding everything you could need for a quick trip to the shops as you'll see in my photos.

This is the first one I made. The pattern was very well written with photos and digital diagrams.


Inside the main zipper is another zipper pocket. Mine is a little different to the one in the pattern.
There are also 8 card slots but I just made 4 and left the others wider.
I don't know if you can make it out in this photo below but the inside seams are bound with bias tape. I thought this would be a bit tricky and bulky but it went fine.


The back of the clutch has another pocket with a popper button .




See how much space there is inside.


Cell phone fits with plenty of room to spare in the front pocket.


Or if you prefer you can keep it in the inside zipper pocket.


Here's my second one and my favourite. I adore the floral fabric on this the photos don't do the colours justice.







The third one I chose to do in a darker colour. I love blues so this one was perfect.





In the pattern there are two ways you can make the card slots. One for those using a domestic sewing machine and the other which I have chosen, for those who have industrial sewing machines. The method I have chosen can get quite thick so at least there's another option if you don't have an industrial machine.


This is the fourth and the one I kept for myself. I love taking it out with me. It fits perfectly into my handbag.


I keep some cash in the front pocket separate to my wallet so that if I want to go out quickly and not take my bag I have money and other necessary things when I grab my clutch.



Inside I keep documents like ID card and birth certificate. I also keep my health insurance booklet and other important stuff.



And here they are all together. The first one on the right has been sold and the first on the left is mine. I'm dying to make some more.


This pattern is excellent and I highly recommend it. It's a quick and easy clutch to make and perfect for taking out when you don't want to take a bag with you.

Rahimah has other lovely patterns for sale and all are for beginners. I can't think of a better way to start sewing bags than too start with one of her patterns. If you'd like to make one for yourself you can find the pattern for the Paris Clutch over at Rahimah's Etsy Shop.

Approximate Finished Dimensions :
Height : 5 ½ inches ( 14 cm ) Length :10 inches ( 27 cm)

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to look through all the photos.

Happy sewing

~ Maria ~

10 comments:

  1. Hi Maria,
    those Clutches are wonderful ! You choosed lovely fabrics again!
    Have a lovely week,
    Hugs
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of beautifully sewn bags. I love to see the fabrics you pair together. I love the floral fabric in the first bag, what is it? I havent made many bags with zips, I usually use metal frames but see how you use zips makes me want to experiment with them more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutely beautiful fabric where do you find such lovely fabric? and love the bags

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your clutches are delightful. I will check out Rahimah's Etsy shop when I get some tume after the New Year. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. MAria they are beautiful but I love the blue one. This kind of clutch are great for last minute gift, they are fast to make and they are lovely

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love them all Maria.....great colour combo's. Am guessing the pattern is easy to follow if you made so many, otherwise you would've just made one right? lol

    Hugs
    Nomes aka Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love them Maria. Can you guess which one is my favorite? I'm loving the bold turquoise and black. Aren't you surprised? Looks like a great quality clutch pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They're gorgeous - the middle 2 are my favourites - especially that pink paisley-ish print - YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful clutches, Maria!!! My favourite is the same as your favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The clutch that you're keeping for yourself is my favorite. I love the contrasting top stitching and zipper. I just scored a bunch of colorful zippers ... I may need to put them to use on one of these clutches. : )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. Your comments mean so much to me and inspire me to create.
~Maria~